01-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #66
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
Both the 987 Boxster and Cayman are great cars, with the X1 coming close! With the Boxster I found that 'sleeping policemen' were a problem, and lack of internal room for coats etc in the winter (similar in the Cayman due to the parcel shelf), coupled with pot holed roads started to make owning the Porsche less fun. The Cayenne was to large so it was off to BMW.

I also feel a little let down by the quality of some of the interior fittings on the X1 e.g door handles, and the problem with the windscreen noise at speed (now solved....with tape! compliments of BMW), and find myself asking if the X1 MSport will be similar.

Then there was the issue of owning several vehicals but only driving one (great in theory but practical...nope) so the quest was on to find the best all round solution. I'm nearly there but still need to cost/decide which scenario is best for me. I'm leaning towards a BMW upgrade of body work to M Sport specification (depending on cost) and ACS tune and badging.......should make the car quite special I think. That Cajun keps rearing its head...........
Its early days yet but the Cajun also sounds like a good all rounder to me

I have a similar problem as I don't need two cars but I want one thats ideal for the city (hence the mini) and one thats a load lugger/holiday car/4x4 etc, hence the X1.

4x4 is important to me here as I go up into the highland a lot for skiing etc.

Don't like Audi (never have), Merc's too big and cumbersome, Cayenne's OK except for size and running costs, X3/X5 OK but a bit too common so I went for the X1. Thing is I have now fell in love with it
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0