View Single Post
      04-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #42
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I understand supply and demand (talking about vehicles here nothing else) but when a vehicle is going to be made year after year, then there is no reason to pay this stupid "market adjustment" price. Even at all for any vehicle.

Dealers mark up the price when a new "special" vehicle comes in. Even though it's going to be made for years to come or that the dealer down the road is selling it at MSRP or lower.

Paying more for something that is generally going to lower in price is stupid. I can wait to have something at the price it's suggested to sale for or buy it used for half the price it was worth a couple of years ago.

If you've got money to throw at a car and want to, more than likely, lose that money once you do sell it. Then go ahead.

But just because a car is selling at MSRP isn't going to make the used market prices sky rocket.

To think of it, look at Australia. I think they regulate the prices of new cars.
Just because it's stupid to you doesn't mean its stupid to others. Again, if you want to be one of the first, then you have to pay for it. You don't see the value, you're further down the demand Curve.
And if cars sell for msrp there is a higher chance that its cost will be higher in the used car market. 2013 Raptors are still pulling over 40k on used car lots. You can't say the same for Platinums or king ranches.