shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
So you're saying that no company makes profit on the products they sell? Lol. I cost me 35¢ to make a taco. You're saying I should sell it for 35¢?
It's also a common fact that dealer make their real money back from used cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Does this also apply when a dealer discounts cars and sells them below MSRP?
Usually when they discount vehicles it's because the manufacturer offers the discount or said car has been on their lot for 1 year+, right?. So they are moving out the old and bringing in the new or just giving the discount that is being applied by the people who made the vehicle.

I find it funny people are complaining about my idea to make it so us consumer's don't get screwed for paying over MSRP. I guess you're the kind of people that like paying over the suggested retail price for a product.
Supply and demand. Simple economics. All you would be doing is driving the cost higher as the original buyers would sell the vehicles on the secondary market for way more than msrp. At that point the vehicle would be labeled used which would in turn make it even more difficult for the average Joe to purchase.
With that said you pay way more over "invoice" for computers, clothes, furniture, houses, etc.
I'm the type of people that if I want it I buy it. If you're willing to pay msrp and I want it so bad that I'll pay more, well then I'm gonna pay more. Why, because it's worth it to me.