View Single Post
      05-07-2016, 07:00 AM   #13
coeeconomou
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x35i

Alpina flash breaks reversing sideview mirror tilt?

Lurker posting for the first time here.

I flashed 7603537 a few months back and although I didn't notice it for a bit afterwards, I think it was what caused my right wing mirror auto-tilt-down-when-reversing to stop working. The mirror continues working normally otherwise (e.g tilting down using the D-pad in the driver armrest). Since I haven't seen this discussed in any of the numerous Alpina threads around the tubes, it makes me think something other than Alpina may have caused the problem. Can any other flashers () in here confirm on their cars?

As long as I'm here, my opinion on the mod otherwise is positive although I'm not as enthusiastic as some seem to be. I really only notice differences in sport mode where the much higher shift point and rev downshifting is much appreciated. I mostly drive in sport now whereas I seldom bothered before. The flashing process isn't difficult. I'd say even if it turns out to have broken my mirror tilt and the other Alpina versions or some other trick doesn't fix it, I'll prob still keep Alpina.
Appreciate 0