View Single Post
      10-14-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

any suggestion on hood vent air intake for X1 and other mods

Does anyone have any experience on this? I am planning to do some cosmetic/performance update on my X1 sdrive18d M Sport. Though it's a long term plan as my budget is tight for the time being so it's kinda bucket list rather for my car ... So far my plans are:

- engine tuning with ram speed (they are ac schnitzer dealer in AU) rather than the plug-in ones
- install turbo downpipe kit from supersprint
- install hood vents like the one from AC Schnitzer
- front strut bar from eBay for a good price as they look authentic & quality
- carbon fibre wrap mirror caps & spoiler.
- gloss black plasti-dip the roof to match the glossiness of the moonroof.
- matt black pasti-dip the wheels

My main concern is with the hood vents. I love the look of them and if it helps on performance gain then I don't see why not. However, since it's a diesel engine how would this affect the noise dampening. Can X1 really benefit from this? I just want to see if it's worth it Any advise would be awesome.. .thnx

Update: Cosmetic parts done - kinda (have to re-do wheels as before I could finish 2nd coat of plasti-dip it started pouring and to top it up tyre guys screwed up plasti-dip on one wheel while changing tyres )

Just an FYI to those looking to do plasti-dip yourself, can gun is the most coz after spraying first coat I could no longer press the nozzle with my finger
Attached Images

jaeezzy...

Last edited by jaeezzy; 12-31-2014 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 0