View Single Post
      07-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #21
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
What you quote are your opinions not any facts about the X1, 3 series or competitors. Do you know the difference between "facts" and "your opinions". If you had any clue I would respect your opinion but the neutered N20 smoked every Caddy ATS 2.0 by a big margin in the 3 series and the X1 smokes the base Q3 and new Mercedes GLA base engines so I'm a little confused about what facts you are possibly talking about. The N20 is probably the best 2.0 on the market in 240 hp trim compared with anything it competes against in the market. Name one just one 2.0 that outperforms it, not talking about an AMG high cost version but Ford, Audi, Mercedes, GM, Fiat, Jag/Range Rover (Ford engine) so who?
The new X1 is not getting the 2.0 in 240hp trim, and the opinions I am quoting are not mine, but rather those of Car and Driver - their opinions have a huge weight to the general public. The new X1 is:

1. Less powerful than the old one in every single trim
2. Takes away hydraulic steering and replaces it with the electric rack that is getting panned
3. Replaces a RWD biased drivetrain with a FWD biased one
4. Grows in ride height
5. Moves from the award winning e9x chassis to a new tranverse drivetrain FWD based chassis.

Are you really trying to argue that it even has a chance of driving in an equivalently fun manner to the previous X1?
Appreciate 0