07-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
Dmitry83
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320i (328i ECU) M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Driving dynamics and desirability alone do not drive sales; Cadillac does not sell due to other factors like an interior that is still not up to par with competitors and a horrible CUE system.

But they win every comparo, and everyone I know in my age group (late 20's young professionals) would rather drive an ATS-V or CTS-V than anything BMW makes. There really isn't a single new car in BMW's lineup that interests me or most of my friends, other than possibly the M2. Cadillac is beginning to succeed in turning around their brand perception due to a focus on aggressively marketing their performance characteristics. Do some research yourself and google their brand turnaround.
I agree unfortunatelly.
All the new F-series I tried are great looking sloppy-chassis luxury cars, which hardly raise any emotions when you are changing the looking experience to driving. Electric steering had finally smashed the F30 steering feel and feedback into Toyota Camry category.
What would I buy instead of my E84...? I don't know. Really. Maybe M2 when it is 3 years old and not that crazy-priced anymore. But let's wait and try it- is the M-division still alive at least...?
F80 bottom reinforcement plate
Koni Sport, M-Performance springs, M135i Anti-roll bars
Appreciate 0