08-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Static noise from speakers?

Hi all,

So I installed the Focal speakers about a year ago. No problems whatsoever since, absolutely loved the speakers. But starting about a week ago, I started getting a static noise coming from the left side door panel, from both the speaker and the tweeter. I thought it may have been interference of some sort, and realized I recently hooked up my phone to the bluetooth of the car. So, I tried disconnecting it, and still get the same noise. Any ideas?

It seems like the noise comes with the tone frequency, only occurring sometimes. The noise gets louder as I turn the volume up. I also thought it may have been a rattling noise, but I removed the door panel and held the speaker alone in my hand. Same issue. This leads me to believe that it may be a grounding issue perhaps?

Again, it only occurs from the left side of the X1, nothing on the right. My guess would be a grounding issue, but any other ideas? Also, would BMW be able to check this out under my warranty despite replacing the stock speakers with this Focal kit?

Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0