View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #84
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

paradoxical3 - I'm a big X1 fan. In fact, my mother in law just purchased a xDrive28i in mineral gray with a coral red interior... it's rather good looking and I agree, incredibly practical (handles well, quick, lots of utility, etc.). That said, I have a couple questions (as a former N55 owner) about some of the statements you've made... really, just out of curiosity.

For context, this thread was cross posted in the M3 forum (where I've been spending a lot of my time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
That's great, my X1 runs JB4 stage 2 ISO with flexfuel wires, e85 running 18PSI boost, ER Chargepipe, and Pirelli P Zero's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Yes, a modded X1 is sub 4 seconds 0-60. Awd and 400hp, 450lb/ft torque tends to do that...

....with $400 mods...
On an N55, you can go Stage 2, map 1 for $400 and maybe make 325rwhp (very briefly, at <5k RPM)... With a downpipe, stage 2, ISO, flex fuel wires, a charge pipe and an exhaust... you're maybe putting down 375rwhp... all of which costs you well over $2k and pushes your car to its operating limit (and perhaps, in the long run, past it). Of course, I haven't been that close to this scene...what am I missing?

Either way - both are great cars. In fact, I'd love to have both in my garage. When my '09 X3 bites the dust, the X1 is going to get serious look.
Appreciate 0