11-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
Phil777
Phil
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 550i GT, 2012 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoc View Post
Is great to see you are enjoying your car so much. Mine is similar to yours and while I love it with the M package and the sports ride is gives my only grief is the choice of wheels I made, being those 18" (225 45 on front 255 40 on rear) because I am in constant fear to get a bulge on my tires! Maybe I have to get used to those kind of tires.
Hi Insoc,

I think it's important to 'sit back and enjoy the ride', and don't be in fear of what might never happen. I took the road hazard protection on my wife's X1 tires and wheels and this gives us great assurance - if there is a problem like you mentioned, they will replace the tire. I have a 550i GT as well and I have had to replace two of the run-flat tires, but this was due to screws embedded in the tires (not sure how they got there since I'm never near a construction site?? - maybe a jealous Mercedes owner ), but BMW just replaced the tires (and even one wheel) all included in the road hazard protection. Perhaps you should look into this for some additional driving 'piece of mind'...
Appreciate 0