View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Found this, ironically on the same ZA forum as the 135i Sportshatch.
It seems it has been overlooked as the car was photographed back in early March in Cape Town, BMW's most used location in media shoots for new models.

But with the LCi of the X1 , BMW are using the opportunity to keep the car , fresh and current as it still remains Europes no 1 vehicle in the SUV category.
A feat which has kept the US Market distanced from the X1 since BMW could not keep up with demand for other markets.
BMW are hoping that the X1 will continue its success in the US Market for the compact SAV.

The X1 will continue to be built in Leipzig as before but other markets such as China will soon begin to manufacture the X1 for Asian markets.

The X1 in European specification shown here is in Valencia Orange.
I am not entirely 100% sure whether the US will get Valencia Orange as the US arm of BMW M. might want to keep VO in the US exclusive to the 1er M Coupe only.

Since the X1 will also be manufactured in a new State of the art production facility that mirrors the layout of Leipzig. The next date for the new X1 after the World Premiere at the NYIAS will be at the Auto China 2012 in Beijing at the end of April.

Look out for full details next week.

Acknowledgement to BMWfanatics.co.za
Attached Images