Objects in the rear view mirror are losing
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marcus View Post
Mate it's got nothing to do with trolling. All the points made are good points and people can clearly justify why they bought one which is good.

I also understand the American market is different to the European and Australian markets where my 135 with toys cost $100,000. I'd love an M3 but $180,000+ is too expensive, so I compromised, and I get that. Performance, tick, handling, tick, space, compromise. 2 out of 3.

Doesn't change my opinion of the X1 though, it gets 0 out of 3. And in Australia they've only sold 6,000 since they launched it in 2009 so it's not exactly popular.

If the M135 was widely available in the US that's probably what you would buy instead but that would trash the X1 range and BMW aren't that stupid.
I'd be happy to drag race your 135 with my X1 for pink slips if you'd like. I'm completely serious. I'll even pay to have you and your X1 shipped to the U.S (I'd still come out ahead since I'll win), and we'll videotape the whole thing and post it on the forum. If you're interested send me a PM.

I'd be happy to show you in person how my X1 outperforms your 135.

Not to mention, your 135 and a M135i are completely useless in my climate for half of the year - and my X1 has more horsepower than both anyway. Whether you like it or not, the US market is different than that of Australia, and the X1 35i is a better car in every respect than the M135i for my climate and needs.
Sounds like fun! My 135 runs a JB4 stage 2 with meth, KV3's, Michelin super sports and the usual M3 subframe bushings and control arms mods.