Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy87 View Post
Someone at work mentioned that since I'm salary sacrificing for my X1 then I should be entitled to a Fleet Discount that is most commonly offered (this is going through LeasePlan). Does anyone know whether BMW offers this? I know Nissan do and they knocked 10% of the price of the Dualis I was originally looking at. If they can lop just 5% off then I won't have to pay any LCT. It's the blooming LCT I don't want to pay (geez 33% is a bit rich don't you think?)
You'd be surprised at how many options you can get on an X1 23d before you pass the LCT threshold. If you look at my proposed spec, it's only $909 worth of LCT in all of that. Due to all the diesel model meeting fuel efficiency targets, the LCT threshold is increased to $75,375 and you only pay 33% on the difference between you price and that.

As to your leasing question, I know when you salary sacrifice, you don't pay GST so you instantly save 10% off the purchase price (something about your employer being able to use the tax credits). Other than that, I don't know much about other "fleet discounts".