View Single Post
      03-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Forgotten how much I dislike EcoPro

I bought my X1 Nov 2012. I tried out EcoPro and pretty quickly decided to only use it at freeway speeds, because it made the X1 feel sluggish on city streets. However, several months into ownership I had a "low coolant" warning. There's a couple different theories about that, but one is that using EcoPro can sap coolant faster. Using that as my excuse, I stopped using EcoPro altogether. Didn't even find any significant difference in MPG, so was happy with my decision.

Well today after getting in my X1 after the gym, I decided to stuff my wallet and IPhone in the cubby hole at bottom of the dash, which I usually don't do. Then as I drove away, the car felt so heavy I thought, "oh, no, what's wrong..." I was afraid I would hear a chime and get some engine warning light. There was no oomph at all. Then I finally noticed - I had bumped the EcoPro button when I was putting those items in the cubby hole, and never noticed the message that must have flashed on my iDrive. What a relief to turn EcoPro off and feel the engine come back to life.

Think I might put a piece of tape over the EcoPro button or something, to prevent any future occurrence...
Appreciate 0