03-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
Steve, I wouldn't worry about the change on your MY BMW screen. the BMW website is kinda crap, and I would be shocked if they took the effort to be serving images from two separate model years for the image displayed there simultaneously. When I first started tracking my car it showed the old model that i didn't want, and then yesterday it switched over to the new model. i'm certain they just changed the images that are being pulled for all x1 orders regardless of MY. And as I recall, yours is among the last of the old ones produced, so not too many people are effected by them changing it now as 95% of 2014s have already been delivered (i.e. BMW said, eh, good enough).

Also, they didn't add a silver trim piece to the front dam, they simply modified it, adding some details and making it wider (this matches the LCI changes to the x3 and the new x4). Personally, I think it's a fantastic addition that provides some nice details to break up what was kind of a bland expanse, and the widening does nicely to balance the look. But as with any visual changes, it's entirely subjective.
Good points. I'm not worried, just like to keep things in order and since this has not happened before with our previous vehicles when subsequent facelifts were implemented, it's kind of strange that it happened now. But let me correct your statement that not too many people may be effected, it's just the opposite. There's many more MY2013 & MY2014 X1s in people's vehicle profiles and if they all changed....see what I'm saying?

You are right that the visual changes are subjective and some people love them and some don't. If I was ordering a MY2015, I might have gone with a different color to compliment the new trim or possibly consider the Sport Line which doesn't have it at all.
Appreciate 0