View Single Post
      10-06-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
M Sport package: paddle shifts or heated steering wheels?

Is there a point getting paddle shifts on a x28i? (as opposed to the fast x35i).

And btw, it will be automatic transmission..so is there even a point.
Paddle shifts only come with automatic tranny.. in Australia it's default with x28i. Mine is sdrive18d so I didn't even have option to opt for it even though it's automatic , So, using the gear knob to shift kinda gives me the manual shift feeling (I initially ordered manual but due to new production line I was told no manuals are built for X1 anymore). Haven't used paddle shifters in X1 so can't comment on how good/easy etc they are...

Since posting I realised your doubt about the point of having one , you need this if you want to drive in Manual mode where you up-shift manually but down-shifting will be done for you. I read that if you have shifters you don't have to manually switch to manual mode using gear knob. If you shift using it, it will automatically switch to manual and if you stop shifting then goes back to automatic.. but since I read a lot of stuff I don't know how much of this is true with X1.

jaeezzy...

Last edited by jaeezzy; 10-06-2014 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0