Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlobetrotter View Post
What do you mean it stopped working?!
Had it on my dash about 8 days, working perfectly and was really pleased with the info i was presented with from the car and also from the Nav.

Then the display started to fade, so i turned up the brightness to compensate. Now in bright sunlight the display was perfect and like a phone it had an auto setting so it dimmed it at night to not blind you and increased in brighter conditions.

I turned this off and went to manually adjust the brightness. Gradually over a period of about 3 days the display got dimmer and dimmer despite now turned up to full brightness, until some of the characters in the display got so dim as to disappear altogether.

I bought it from a German Main BMW dealer who refused to replace it......Long story short, i claimed via Credit Card refund and sent the device back to them with a middle finger salute!

Will i buy another....? yes but only when (If) they become available from a BMW dealer in UK, so if it goes wrong again, i can have an English head to head slanging match instead of a pigeon english email slanging match (Thank you Google Translation !).

If you look back on this thread there is a longer story to my HUD woes!!

When it worked it was great!!!