View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
MazdaFan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive 28i

There is no room for a donut, the battery takes that space. It is not a big deal there are many cars these days that come with regular tires and a tire repair kit. You can use BMW assist or some roadside service if you cannot fix it.

It is pretty much the same with RFTS, if the tire has sidewall damage or you are more than a 100 miles or so from your destination you need BMW assist. The main difference is that local tire shop don't carry your RFTs so you have to buy from BMW or buy some temporary tire and change it later.

Having said that once I had a valve leak at 1:00 am in my front RFT. I measured pressure a couple of times and it was in 10s and dropping. I was about 75 miles away from my home. I drove at 50-60 mph and got home safely. The next day I took it to the dealer (I had tire warranty). I fully expected to get a new tire but they said they took it out and it was ok, they just fixed the valve leak. I was thinking after driving with no air for 75 miles the tire was almost shredded but it was fine. I used that tire for another 20k miles.
Appreciate 0