ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
If that was as simple as u just made it out to be... then one would genuinely have to be almost retarded not to take up that offer...
my current boss is a great example...of 80% of the pay 50% of the hours.

he was in investment banking at UBS and BoA. Probably made salary of $350k + bonus but working 60-80 hour weeks, 12 hour days.

Today, he definitely is 40 hours a week with kids, and I imagine he makes close to $300k, definitely no less than 200k. Bought a $2mm house in SF, wife doesn't work. Fuck he's only 3 years older than me.

In fact, a shit ton of bankers and corporate lawyers do this...bust ass between ages 23-35, then "retire" to a slower pace work. I have more direct examples if you're curious.

To these people, it's not about whether these opportunities are out there, they are out there. It's about when they will want to make the switch. How important is career development and top earnings vs free time?
My opinion and strictly my opinion, is that if you are holding off on an opportunity of this sort or if it is truly currently available, then u may just be an idiot to sacrifice 50% more of your time for 20% more money...

...again, just one man's opinion...