View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

Quote:
From one of the reviews alone you can see just how retarded BMW is for not bringing the new 1er Hatch [F20] to North America. Give the people what they really want BMW. Get with the program and maybe you can own the segment.
We got tired of waiting for BMW to bring over a small diesel hatch and went for an Audi A3 TDI instead. I know it's a glorified Golf, but it's nimble, gets great mileage, and is just the size my wife wanted. On top of all that, it has a spare tire and a dipstick. It also is a little easier on the eyes on the 1 series hatch, even if they did bring it over. BMW, are you listening?

She took one look at the X1 Sdrive28i specs and saw that it didn't get the mileage she wanted. Also, she's not partial to SUV/SAV/etc. type cars, so the X1 styling didn't appeal.

Don't get me wrong - I would rather have another BMW instead of an Audi, but they have chosen to ignore the premium small car segment in this country. Maybe right now sales aren't too hot, but watch what happens over the next few years.
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car

Last edited by 111R; 07-18-2012 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0