View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #300
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Dyno from today with the N55 CAI on. Dotted line is fully stock run.

So it's actually showing to be a little below stock power, but we think that's just the car's ECM and it's boost adjustments with the cold (stock run was 72 deg, today was 42) However no noticeable gains (not that I expected any) just like with most CAIs on stock or lightly mod'd cars. Yes there's audibly more whine and whoosh from the turbo, but the stock box seems to breath just fine, actually a little better at high rpms.

Also notice the shape of the acceleration curves are back to almost the same with the "octane booster" pulled back off the car.

So get it if you want the more noticeable turbo sound with the car and the cool look under the hood, but if you're looking for solid power gains, this really isn't it on the stock car. That's just my opinion, and we all know they're like acorns

Edit - Also note that initially up to about 2100-2200rpms it's actually higher than stock in both pwr and tq. But after that point it drops below stock and stays below.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged

Last edited by CIWS; 04-04-2013 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0