View Single Post
      05-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
PleaseAdvise
///M-Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 2.8 M-Sport LMB on CR

Lets talk Cleaning supplies and wash method

Hey guys! I don't know about you but I do love cleaning my own car up. We should start a list of the cleaning products that we use, and find what works/doesn't work, with our vehicles paint.

How I wash my cars is simple. During the Summer I use the 2 bucket method. One with clean water for rinsing and the other with soapy water for cleaning. I also do a prewash with a Foam gun attachment I have for my hose. Completely touch less for prewash.

Summer Wash stuffs

Soaps: Chemical Guys Mr. Pink, Citrus Wash and Gloss, and glosswork. Each soap has a purpose. Mr Pink is my prewash soap, Citrus is for dirty car needs, and glosswork is maintenance washes.

Clays: Switch in between a stash of meguirs that I have and some chemical guys ones. They both kinda suck. Need suggestions on good clay bars.

Waxes and Sealants:
Well Again this is something I'm experimenting with I've used a variety of pastes, and so far all I like Chemical Guys butter wax. (I promise I'm not paid by those guys I just really like their products) As far as sealants go I like Jet Seal all the way. Neither is truly impressive though. I do a machine application for both with an orbital I have somewhere.

Winter wash method:
I use Chemical Guys Ecowash in large, large amounts. Typically 5 gallons used per winter, applied with a hand pump chemical sprayer. Midway through winter I will have the car detailed by a friend that works at a dealer. He pressure washes and waxes the vehicle.

Interior:
My interior gets trashed routinely. I daily drive this car so it gets cleaned when I can, usually by spraying my all weather liners out and wiping the seats with something, usually meguirs interior stuff. Cant remember what it is Ill post it later.
Also heres a link if you guys are interested in the stuff i use.
AGAIN I AM NOT PAID BY THESE GUYS AT ALL. I JUST LOVE THEIR SHIT. IF A MOD LOOKS AT THIS AND SAYS TAKE IT DOWN I WILL.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/

Their stuff is good for a decent price. I used Ammo for awhile and was kinda meh on it. I really am looking for new products everyday so throw your suggestions out there!

The picture is what I dug out of my shed so far.

Last edited by PleaseAdvise; 05-02-2015 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0