View Single Post
      09-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #28
[M3noDRFT]
[Rockville to Annandale VA in 13 minutes]
United_States
Rep
Drives: [Drophead M3]

Alot of great opinions in this thread!

I thought it was the coolest thing in the world that BMW was comissioning all these new models to be released. The one I was very excited about was the X6. When I saw it in person, I had thoughts...but I absolutely love it now that one of my cousins purchased a silver grey X6 and its a blast to drive. The thought of the codenamed "v5/6" bothered me, and KIND of still does due to the fact its a crossover? I can't stand that, but I'm sure it will be engineered to the tee because thats just how they roll. I thought the 1-serie was sick, especially the 135i- reason being I used to see 1s ALL the time in D.C., imported and running diplomat tags and thought they were nice. The X1 is a cool idea but I don't know what I feel about it. I see a good amount of E46 M3s, but none of which are like mine in this area. A track based convertible. Everyone runs Vorsteiner products, then drives 20 below the speed limit. We are all (for the most part) about modding cars, about being unique about passing limits that BMW chose not to attack. Being a purist, it surprises me these models aren't bothering-- perhaps the end of the CSL production & the end of the 1-series M devolopment does piss me off. Even though the CSL would probably never reach U.S. shores, its something that HAS to be done in my opinion. I'm sure most of you guys don't have Enzos, but wouldn't you be angry if Ferrari discontinued their hyper car line? What if they stopped after the F40? I give a big up for development of the new four door coupe' 8 series, that I cannot wait for.

As many people know, the original is most of the time better than its sequels. So, I hope BMW can direct.

Sorry for the LONG opinion.