View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #132
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw X1 35i X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
For the record, I am rooting for the OP since I'm a fan of modding and tuning, so I'm def hoping he will win any run. And yes, a stock C63 will beat a stock M3, but that is not what the M3 is all about. It is probably the best car to drop off the kids at school and go to the track right afterwards. You will be hard pressed to find any car (in any price range) that will do that better.

What is really weird with these threads is that it is never started by an M3post member... I don't think any of us would ever start a thread within our sub-form saying that we could totally beat an X1. Or... I just totally destroyed an Opel Vectra on the Autobahn.

Again saying that a stock M3 is slow is like saying the moon isn't far away from earth.... compared to what? Mars?

correct i guess its just slow compared to what I'm used to driving, Just getting excited about a car that pulls the numbers the M3 does and someone having the audacity to challenge cars like theirs is some sort of speed rocket is ridiculous, IMHO and several articles the m3 fell short of keeping up with current vehicles it claims to be a part of, example supposedly the new Subaru Brz is a wonderful driving car and its price is very affordable and the magazines praise it on value and quality of the driving experience, the m3 was praised on neither..mercedes makes no claims on value but does claim performance which it delivers, the m3 claimed performance and it fell short and fell short in the value area, again in my opinion and several articles, even the Bimmer magazine states the e92 M3 fell short of customers expectations, citing that previous m products have the fun factor if not performance, like i said good luck to you, don't worry be happy!