View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #129
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
First quote - you have 2 mods, and 1 adds no power. Your words, no argument (I don't know any better frankly), just restating.
Okay - one power adding mod which is what every rational adult understood the meaning to be. I could remove the chargepipe and still be faster than a M3. Wouldn't last very long, but hey - you seem to be into technicalities.

Quote:
Second quote, adding 100whp & "performance tires" = a "full second" in the quarter, which will apparently elevate an X1 to becoming faster than an M3. Your words. One can deduce from these 2 quotes that you are saying your JB4 tune is good for 100whp on your otherwise stock car?
Yes, did you miss the dyno sheet I posted of a N55 with a JB4 ISO on Map 5? 370whp. That's 100whp over what a stock N55 produces. The only thing that car had that mine didn't was a BMS intake, which is good for maybe 2whp....if anything.

Quote:
Not taking into account other fallacies here (magazine racing, p-zeros as "performance tires" etc), just seeing if I'm missing something within your very clear statements.
Fallacies? As I said earlier, it's up to you to find magazines that have raced both the X1 and the M3. I looked hard but Edmunds is all I could find, and we all know that comparing times against tracks at different elevations is stupid.

And P-zero's are Max Performance tires, not performance tires. My bad! I'm glad you pointed that out though, as it only further helps my case.

Anything else?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0