03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #126
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I plan on it as soon as Edgewater opens.

But you should know, a 100% stock X1 traps 99.2mph @ 13.8 - on a slow track of 1100ft elevation, on 91 octane, and on all season tires with traction control on. It's interesting you think adding some Pirelli P Zero's, 100 WHP and 170lbft torque translates to only a .8mph improvement

At the same track (edmunds test track), the M3 did 12.9 @ 111.0. So we're talking a .9s difference and 11.8mph trap speed stock, even taking into account the M3's advantages like launch control, real performance tires, etc.

Add good tires, disable DTC, and 100whp and 170lbft torque to the X1 and that differential should shrink very quickly.

It's really funny how your bravado diminishes with every post. Do I need to remind you that you started all of this with your statement that an X1 will "beat an M3 in a straight line with a simple tune."

Now it's obvious you've backed well off of that statement, for good reason. Your car does not have just a "simple tune", nor has it been proven capable of beating any stock M3s in a straight line. (All you do is push forward hypotheticals and counterfactuals, with your hand-picked examples of some of the worst timeslips available for the E92 M3, and under your arbitrary assumptions and speed limit rules that serve only to disadvantage the M3. Even with that, the best you can do is claim a tie that you haven't proven.)

Speaking for myself and my friends, most of us M fans are BMW fans in general, and we like seeing fellow BMW enthusiasts do well. It's your puerile demeanor, your childish demands to race strangers for pink slips (against cars with mods that would beat you, no less!), and your false and unjustified assertions, that make people criticize you. Even the C63 owner commented on your unjustified arrogance. You play like a troll, you get treated like a troll.

For me, I think the X1 is a nice cute little car. I look forward to seeing your timeslips posted on dragtimes. Now that I know it can be made somewhat quick, maybe I'll get the wife one soon