View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #124
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw X1 35i X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Correct, I meant 'moot'. And if that first sentence is any indication of your grammar, I'm very surprised you were able to correct me.

And I don't really care who he is. Listing all the cars you've owned since 1984 as a way to prove that you've experienced variety is a tool thing to do. Nobody really cares that he claims to have owned 25+ cars. That's it, that's all. Sorry for commenting on this "discussion".
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Conspicuously absent is your BMW 540i 6spd??? I just assumed..:.
My partner had a 1998 Bmw 540 Sport 6 speed, i liked the name had it since 2000, he was more into Bmw's, I always thought they fell short in the performance area, I was always impressed with AMG products, but eventually i bought a M3 cabrio and really enjoyed the car, and like i stated one of my top favorites was the 2006 Bmw M6, as for claims of owning these cars i could care less what someone thinks of me, im happy that ive had the oppurtunity to own and drive such wonderful cars, i was just stating that my impression of the 2008 M3 was horrible, a tired heavy, slow slug of a car, i guess that would explain the loss people took the first six months, i was offered am2008 M3 conv for invoice when it first arrived at the dealership, i usually get good deals as i change cars quite often to keep up with the latest greatest, two months later i was offered the same equip car for $5k off invoice, that shows it was not a good seller, i remember guys that ordered the new m3 and could not wait to get it and when they drove it they commented that they liked their e46 m3 better, bmw made the same mistake with the 850 series, made the car so heavy it lacked the fun factor of bmw, i was more impressed with the 335 convert thats why i bought it instead it is such a fun car to drive, i promise you its been many years since ive driven my parents cars, i just enjoy cars and lucky my lifestyle affords me the privilege......worst car i owned was the diablo, what a plie of crap, beautiful to look at but thats where it ended, and if your happy with your m3 good for you....thats all that matters, so i guess thats what its come down to m3 owners stalking the x1 forum to make them feel good about their vehicle, lol