View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #121
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
There are so many assumptions and so much misinformation in this thread it reminds me of why message boards can be so dangerous to people who buy this crap as truth.

Turbo motors are finicky? (ridiculously general and wrong) A STOCK m3 is "probably" more reliable than a modded x1? (Ummm, bite the bullet here, this is just a dumb statement) Dinan is warrantied? (wrong, this is a dealers choice, not a BMW certified modification) You can return to stock and a dealer won't know? (Also wrong, and fraud by the way, but for most modern cars the dealer can look at past parameters and immediately flag that th car has been modified. "Gee, sir, says here you were at 125% throttle, how did that happen? DENIED)
Dinan provides their own warranty - I never said it was BMW's. You're not very familiar with tunes based on your comments - piggyback tunes manipulate the data the ECU sees so it doesn't actually know it was ever out of spec. Many cars have been through PUMA cases for even turbo replacements and have not had a problem. You're right about one thing though - whether or not it's morally right is questionable and up to each person to decide.

Quote:
My C63 traps 115-118 bone stock. Thats what matters. Who will be passing who at that speed.
The C63, clearly. But I have no idea why we're even talking about the C63 - especially seeing as how it's faster than the M3.

Quote:
If you pick up 20mph with your mods, congratulations, really, would be great. Love the X1, especially a modded 35i, it's a little rocket. But you've made these arrogant (and uninformed) comments before in threads about thinking you're going to be out walking anyone and everyone with your little 12.9 supercar, and dude, it's a great car, but really your approach to this whole thing (espcially the misinformaton you use to prove a point) sucks.
No way I'll pick up 20mph. But that 12.9 is one of the reasons I'm so confident. I ran a 12.92 without e85. That's why it's cracking me up how people think the X1 will "barely" break 12's - it traps 100mph stock!

Quote:
There's always someone faster, so why go into any conversation thinking your the big fish. In a sea of Kia's sure our cars are great, throw us in the shark tank with some TT Gallardos and we now drive matchbox cars, but who cares, everything isn't a competition just enjoy.
Ah, that's the thing - read my original posts. I did not come in here thinking the X1 was a Ferrari worldbeater. Granted, my first post was a tongue in cheek offer to race a 135 owner for pink slips who claimed that the X1 checked "0 of three" boxes including performance. I thought it was funny that a car with the same engine as his magically was a poor performer, especially when it is already the fastest car in its segment stock and that mine was faster than his with a simple tune. Clearly, he was trolling. But after that, I merely stated that the X1 fit several of my criteria to buy - including that it's faster than a M3 in a straight line.

I was actually going to originally buy the M3 (my company was supposed to lease me a second company car) but when that fell through I needed something more practical. I figured hey, what the heck - if I can't drive the M3, at least a modded X1 is as fast in a straight line, which is the most often-used type of speed on the street.

It's only when people came in here - from the M3 forum pretending to be some sort of forum warriors, don't forget - and starting misrepresenting what I was saying that I started explaining why I believe it to be faster.

And again, I'll point out that I've not only posted dyno's of the N55 making massively more torque and equivalent horsepower to the M3, shown timeslips of a 335 xdrive (which is the EXACT same weight and drivetrain as the X1) beating the M3 in a straight line, but I've even offered to buy a M3 owner dinner if he's willing to race me and have it videotaped! If you're going to come in here threadcrap, at least have the balls to back it up.

I might win, I might lose, but I'll tell you one thing - if a stock M3 is willing to race me at Edgewater, you can be damn sure that I'll be there ready to go.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 03-02-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0