View Single Post
      05-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #42
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Just a note for you guys in the U.S......you're fortunate that you're getting the LCI version with a supposedly improved (ie higher quality) interior. I"ve had a 2012 X1 28i base model for the past couple of weeks as a loaner and the interior is CHEESY with a capital C. The hard, awful black plastic centre console belongs in an econo-car (and an older one at that) and the horrible black rubber door pulls (where you get an inlay on most other BMW's, including the larger X's) just adds fuel to the fire. And the standard, non-sport seats in that fabulous BMW "pleather" are as flat as a board and almost as comfortable as one.

On a happy note, the 2L Turbo motor is great fun aside from it's boring start-up and clattering while at idle. Once going, it's smooth and quick and the 8 sp. auto is great - except for that stupid 2nd gear start-up which plagues most of BMW's new autos. You can drop it into Sport mode to avoid this crap. Gas mileage is excellent - exactly as claimed. Bottom line, those opting for the T charged 4 cylinder won't be disappointed. But make sure you opt for a well appointed interior. The new LCI pics seem to portray alot more "soft touch" materials inside (including the console based on scutinizing some of the other pics in the forum) so here's hoping. I initially didn't "love" the looks like I love most every other BMW but it's been growing on me since having it in the driveway for so long. I also thought it was way too small to be viable as an SUV/SAV/small wagon or whatever you want to call it but the size too has seemed to have grown on me. Dogs don't fit though unless the seats are folded down. The 2013 model will now join the list of "maybes" to replace my wife's Golf.

FYI, Mark

Last edited by Mark's M; 05-06-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0