View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
Coni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

It has the exact same tail lights as the Toyota Avalon next to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Velly interesting... On the day that I bought my 135i, there was an as yet unreleased X3 on the floor. The emblems were covered with blue tape, but it was quite obvious what it was. The salesman mentioned that BMW had made an effort to make the X3 more appealing to women as their research indicated that a lot of Lexus purchasers were women. Lexus sells lots of RX350's. For if BMW wants to be the #1 selling premium vehicle in North America, it is going to have to come from SUV's because things are already about as good as it gets with the cars.
Your salesman is making up stuff. Car manufacturer's want their cars to be masculine, almost never feminine. Theres a whole lot of psychology behind it but think of it this way, you see guys buying masculine stuff all the time, and women buying masculine stuff all the time, but you rarely see guys buying feminine stuff (unless they're homosexual). As a car manufacturer you will sell more if it appeals to men, because then both men and women will buy it.
Appreciate 0