View Single Post
      12-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #41
fw_fw
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 xDrive30i xLine Phytonic

Resurrecting an old thread since it fit's the subject:

Just picked up my X1 xDrive35i M-Sport (19,200 miles) from my local shop, had them install the H&R Sport Springs that I picked up from Turner on their Black Friday sale. Got to drive the car home 20 miles in the pouring rain thru city streets and here is my first impression: Excellent!!

1) Brings the car down about 1" all the way around, car looks so much better, i.e. it looks like a car and not a pseudo-SUV on stilts.

2) Believe it or not, but the ride is not nearly as harsh as before. I could immediately tell a difference: while the ride is still stiff, the harshness of potholes, expansion joints and other road imperfections is much reduced. Don't get me wrong, you still feel them, it's just smoother than the stock M-Sport springs. The car now rides very similar to my previous E90 328i M-Sport.

Due to the weather conditions couldn't really take it on a spirited run down some back roads, but so far, so good. I'm very pleased with this mod so far.

Current: 18 X3 xDrive30i
Past: 03 530i Sport | 06 330ci ZHP | 14 X1 xDrive35i M-Sport | 11 328i M-Sport | 98 M Roadster
Appreciate 0