JetCityMC
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetCityMC View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I guess mostly the mods you say do round out well. My only concern with dangers is the longevity of the vehicle, I've seen some posts that give credence to some things but not sure how I should react.

Wouldn't I just need to borrow someone's nav disk or is it electronic?

I'm concerned with gas because I don't sit there and floor it all day. Plus some electronic mods do help with fuel economy. There isn't wrong with maxing out the best scenario for it.

I guess what I really wish I had are two things. Back up camera (even though I do have nav) and sport seats. I can't stay in the seat for whatever reason Evan as a bigger guy...

Thanks for the reply and hope to see some changes soon!
With the stock turbo longevity isn't really an issue. I have been pretty hard on my 335i, same engine and transmission, for almost 40,000 miles . The transmission is showing signs of wear but I doubled the crank horsepower, upgraded turbo, so that is to be expected.

Personally I would get MHD when it comes out and run one of their OTS maps. I would also invest in a chargepipe and a intercooler. You will get a decent bump in power without stressing out any of your components.

Bimmertech is a little expensive but they really are what you're looking for as a backup camera solution.
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-rear-view-cameras/

Sport seats can be purchased but I have never looked into adding them to a vehicle that did not come with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetCityMC View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I guess mostly the mods you say do round out well. My only concern with dangers is the longevity of the vehicle, I've seen some posts that give credence to some things but not sure how I should react.

Wouldn't I just need to borrow someone's nav disk or is it electronic?

I'm concerned with gas because I don't sit there and floor it all day. Plus some electronic mods do help with fuel economy. There isn't wrong with maxing out the best scenario for it.

I guess what I really wish I had are two things. Back up camera (even though I do have nav) and sport seats. I can't stay in the seat for whatever reason Evan as a bigger guy...

Thanks for the reply and hope to see some changes soon!
With the stock turbo longevity isn't really an issue. I have been pretty hard on my 335i, same engine and transmission, for almost 40,000 miles . The transmission is showing signs of wear but I doubled the crank horsepower, upgraded turbo, so that is to be expected.

Personally I would get MHD when it comes out and run one of their OTS maps. I would also invest in a chargepipe and a intercooler. You will get a decent bump in power without stressing out any of your components.

Bimmertech is a little expensive but they really are what you're looking for as a backup camera solution.
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-rear-view-cameras/

Sport seats can be purchased but I have never looked into adding them to a vehicle that did not come with them.

The sport seats are an option, but it's something I'm dying for lol. And with the backup camera. I'd kill for one. But I'm going to look into what you said and what do you like for the intake? I'm usually a k&n guy, but it seems that maybe I should move on from oiled.
Appreciate 0