United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E84 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetCityMC View Post
So questions that I could find eventually is:
? Mods people like doing on the X1.
? What are dangers I should know about.
? Is there a way to install a backup camera or a wireless one to my stock nav.
? Previous owner didn't do an upgrade, does it matter?
? Can you borrow someone's nav upgrade or is that impossible.
? Are there any mileage mods that make the car go above and beyond the ecopro?[IMG][/IMG]
First off, congrats! I recently picked up my X1 as well.

1. You didn't specify the type of mods you're asking about so this list could get pretty long. Since the vehicle shares many parts with the 335xi there are a bunch of mods you can do.

**NOTE**
If you want to add power then change your chargepipe first. They are known to fail even at stock boost levels.

Tune - JB4, MHD, PPK, Dinan (MHD will be in open beta in about a week) MHD is the way to go but you can research yourself.

Bolt-ons - most options that fit the 335xi will fit. Intercooler, chargepipe, downpipe, turbo upgrades, ect.

Suspension - There are options but they are limited.
2. Dangers? This question is a little confusing. I assume you mean known failures that should be considered when maintaining the car? Oil filter housing, tensioner pulley, oil pan gasket, and coolant expansion tank are all common issues.
3. Bimmertech sells retro fits if you are looking for a nicer setup than you can find at Bestbuy.
4. Many companies that offer coding can also update your navigation if that is what you're referring to.
5. No not really. If fuel economy was a concern then the 28i would be the best option.
2020 F97 X3M | 11.0@123
2023 G80 M3 xDrive
Appreciate 0