View Single Post
      04-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #66
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Probably because that's what you want to order. Which is fine.

Reasonably optioned means anything but a base/stripper car. The vast majority of people buying these cars won't be ordering base/stripper cars. That's because the majority of people getting these cars won't be the diehard enthusiasts. They want things like the "Executive Package." We're the minority.

Most dealers will order these cars in well-optioned for the customers that buy off the lot.

I think most of the enthusiasts on this board will at least spring for the "Exec. Package" (because of the Comfort Access and HUD) and maybe the "Driver Assistance Plus Package."

I really couldn't care less about how much the car will end up weighing because weight is not the sole criterion I use when deciding to purchase a car.

If you end up being right about the weight, I'll be more than happy to give you the credit that's due.
no credit needed, it's not like I designed it

the reason I use the base car, is that it is impossible to know how much the options weigh at this time. it is not impossible to calculate how much a base car will weigh.

you can use the data from the e9x m3 to project what it may weigh, but that's still adding more noise and inaccuracy. id say most cars (if no moonroof and auto) will weigh about 50-75lbs more than the base weight if I had to guess