View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #35
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Hi. Long story, which I'll try to cut down, behind my order this morning at Beverly Hills BMW (after having a deposit on an X1 from incoming allocation at a different dealership). That earlier deposit got cancelled just yesterday, and I decided, at this late date, it was still worth it to order the exact X1 my partner and I want.

I used the BMW USA site to build the car (s28, Ultimate, Lighting, and Harmon-Kardon in Mineral Grey). Sent that to two dealerships close to my work location. Beverly Hills BMW responded first and set up a morning appointment. The dealership was very calm and relaxed this morning. It seemed like only minutes before the pleasant salesman confirmed that ordering was the way to go. I made my offer (just over 3% under MSRP) and they accepted it. Lol usually a sign I should have asked for more. In the end the salesperson was in the manager's office a while, while I strolled around the lot confirming my color choice to myself. But they stuck with it, I made a deposit, and we are on our way.

So some weeks wasted but big deal. When the X1 gets here, it will be the car we want, and I'll have a couple more pay checks in the bank. And that's my story.
Appreciate 0