View Single Post
      08-03-2023, 01:02 PM   #44
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I don't think that has much to do with lack of a hardline stance... that's just lack of regulation in the midst of misinformation, lack of knowledge, lack of accountability, and general deceit. Those are two different things.

"Convenient capitalism" is the reality when you're dealing with people's livelihoods. But it's possible to continue to do that while still ensuring you instill knowledge and awareness and accountability for future progress and improvement. I guess I'm in the middle. People need to learn a lesson and need to be held accountable, but in a way that's least painful to everyone as a whole. If not forgiving student loans sends the economy spiraling, that hurts us all, even those of us who have been responsible and accountable. On the other hand if forgiving student loans sets us up for economic disaster, then I'm against it. I'm not an economist so I can't really comment on what the best approach is. But what I am for is evaluating what the implications of each scenario are, irrespective of "feelings".
Right... but then do you have a complaint for the companies that took PPP loans that were forgiven and are now making record profits / margins just 2 years later? We all paid for that... and are NOW paying for in arrears in the form of inflation and will continue to do so for years... do you think this is for the betterment of society? Who is learning the lesson here? Sounds like all us for not being too bright and buying into the nonsense.