View Single Post
      06-28-2010, 04:40 AM   #9
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1

Hey Astroboy87

Nice choice on the Tasman green. I had thought about it myself, but wasn't sure if I liked it enough to choose it for my own X1.

The sDrive 2.0d is available now. I think the sDrive 1.8i is available by September; not sure about the exact date but am sure its this year and when you order it in March, it should definitely be available.

Regarding the bigger engines/xDrive, it all depends on what you want your X1 for. I've never gone off road and don't anticipate I'll need to so I don't require xDrive.

Regarding the s1.8i (combined fuel efficiency of 8.3L/100kms) and s2.0d (5.3L/100kms), the fuel efficiency may not seem a whole lot, but because the s2.0d is below 7L/100kms it will allow you a 30% discount on extras and avoid the luxury car tax (see negelixin's post in the thread entitled BMW X1 in Australia). You can't get these discounts if you get the s1.8i

Might be worth doing the math regarding what extras you end up getting in the end; overall it may be cheaper to get the s20.d than the s1.8i. Food for thought

Also regarding roof racks, in your post mario486, roof racks are standard albeit in black, here in Aus, unless you get the 2.3d or 2.5i versions in which they come in chrome standard
Appreciate 0