06-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy87 View Post
There are 2 dealerships in Brisbane (Fortitude Valley and Springwood) so atleast there is a little competition here compared to Perth (poor Nedlands!). Any thoughts on the smaller engine?

Options:
Tasman Green
Business Sat nav
Sunroof
323 18" wheels
X-line pack
Harmon/Kardon sound system

Going to wait until March 2011 to order it.
My first test drive was in a SDrive 1.8 and I can tell you I was amazed by the engine. Plenty of grunt for normal city driving and good acceleration within speed limits. Up until now I have always been a committed petrolhead but the BMW diesels are really very good. Since then I have also driven the 2.0 and the 2.3 with the latter being very quick. I have chosen to go XDrive 2.0 because of the wet/winter conditions here and in 4x4 I think the extra power of the 2.0 comes in handy. In the UK the 2.3 adds an auto box which really bumps up the price, with extras you are easily into new 520d SE estate territory. So in a nutshell I would say the SDrive 1.8 is a good buy.

Tasman - great colour, only seen one but went really well with the XLine package
Sat Nav - Waste of money in my opinion but I am sure other will differ. Very expensive here in the UK and as a Sat Nav my Garmin out performed the one in the test car.
X-line pack - Check locally but here the roof rails are an extra on top of pack. You need them if you plan to use OEM roof racks.
18" wheels - Look great but are a harder ride. I opted for 17" rather as by back cannot handle the hard rides anymore. My Mini Cooper is hard enough!

Only thing I would say is have a look at the extended storage packs as well as the auto lights/wipers (comes here as part of a Comfort Pack). These extras are relatively cheap but do make quite a difference. Another personal thing is Xenons, apart from the safety aspect I think they give the car a visual lift as well.
Appreciate 0