View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
xxnsra
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

X1 Sound System with a different radio.

Hi there,

This is my first time in this forum. I'm from Brazil but the BMW's forum here is too damn quiet, almost noone posts. So, I googled and got here. It seems a very energetic forum.

If possible, I need some help about the bmw x1 sound system. Here in Brazil my model is a BMW X1 2012 SDRIVE 18i (I don't know if exists this model in other countries. Maybe you call E84.) But since the beginning i've never liked the sound system of the car. It lacks power and quality.

I've used for a long time the stock sound system, which is a business bmw radio, 2 tweeters and 2 speakers in the front, and 2 speakers in the back.

Recently i installed a gps/bluetooth/radio/tv system. Exactly like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X1-E84-C...item338f93b269

You can see that this system replaces the original radio (mine was a business bmw radio). But the speakers are still the same.

Before the new system, i could stand the sound, but now it's impossible. The quality is horrible, the volume got way down compared with before, and now distort easily in high volumes (which is not very high now).

My question is: How can i improve this system? In volume and quality.

I saw some users here talking very good about the Focal IFBMW speakers, and others about the Bavsound (but in the bavsound website i didn't find a product for the BMW X1).

But, can i get a better sound just installing this new speakers? Everyone in the forum said that have noticed a considerable difference between the stock and the new speakers, but in my case i changed the original radio for a horrible one. So, do i have to install an amplifier or audio processor? Or it's not necessary?

Any help is welcome. I'm very lost and i don't understand much about sound systems.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0