View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #29
Chris Pringle
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

^^^^
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new X1.

There are definitely beeping parking sensors (or rear view cameras) that you can get in the aftermarket, but the one from BMW is really neatly integrated w/ its visual monitor. I'm actually surprised to hear that this is not standard in the U.S. Once I saw how BMW's parking sensors worked, I thought the optional rear view camera was quite redundant.

Yeah, it's important to check all the options you need/want before you leave the lot. In the excitement, it's easy to forget. There are a few options the dealer(s) can install in house (some dealers don't want to), but most options have to come from the factory. For example, here in Mexico lots of people don't realize that the X1 doesn't come equipped with cruise control. They notice a few days/weeks later which makes it very difficult by then to negotiate with the dealer. We noticed this before buying the car and requested they installed one before we took delivery. Luckily, this was something the dealer said they could take care of. Otherwise, we had to endure a 3-month wait (or go with the Audi Q3 as our 2nd option.)
Appreciate 0