View Single Post
      12-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
still-hide
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hello, i will be also upgrade my X1 (production 03.2011 with Halogen light) to the LED Tail light (Xenon is not so important). I read this very interessting thread but i have some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon
1. Unfortunately you also need to buy a new FRM3 control unit even though your vehicle has FRM3, about 300 euros.
I wonder about that you need a new FRM3, why you need this? Which part number has your old FRM3? From which production year is your X1? I have the FRM3 with following part number: 61359249086. This module may be is the "FRM3 max" and is compatible with Xenon and LED Taillight. Do you have a another FRM original?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon
I also added the LED tail lamps, same process, add a supply wire to Pin 4 and connect it to the Pin 16/18 in the FRM3.
Also, i wondering about your wire to the Pin's. Why Pin 4 and where at your car? In the lights at the tailgate or at the side of the car?

I now at my car are the wires at Pin 4 for the LED-Lights at the tailgate and on Pin 5 on the side (Pin 4 is there for Back Drive Light).

Greetings, Heiko

Last edited by still-hide; 12-27-2011 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0