View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Is it? I'd have to place the ignorant label on your statement. I think what you're trying to say is that auto lamps are what would help. The number of times I see dangerous situations with people driving with only DRL's and no tail lamps in full dark situations far outweighs the number of times I've seen someone's dim headlights on a fully sunny day get recognized.

Name one situation where auto lamps would be less helpful than DRL's, or on the flip side, name one situation where non lit tail lamps in a low light situation is a good idea.

DRL's remain a stupid thing. If we all have to suffer EPS for a 1% efficiency savings, why are we burning fuel to light a goofy marketing ploy on the front of the car in the middle of the day?
I don't get your argument here: "The number of times I see dangerous situations with people driving with only DRL's and no tail lamps in full dark situations far outweighs the number of times I've seen someone's dim headlights on a fully sunny day get recognized"

I was arguing in twilight and rain I see people don't have their headlights on probably 20 percent of the time. What does this have to do with a sunny day? Maybe we should just take headlight control away from the driver and when the wipers are turned on or it isn't sunny full lights come on.
Appreciate 0