04-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #9
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Ignorant statement. Anyway I did leave my headlamps on all the time on my previous vehicle as it didn't have DRL although the Canadian version did. They just should mandate these by law. I don't know how many times people drive around in the rain or twilight with no lights on or just their parking lights. Big safety hazard for all of us.

My insuance gives me a discount for having a vehicle with Daytime running lights. I guess they are just throwing their money away.
Is it? I'd have to place the ignorant label on your statement. I think what you're trying to say is that auto lamps are what would help. The number of times I see dangerous situations with people driving with only DRL's and no tail lamps in full dark situations far outweighs the number of times I've seen someone's dim headlights on a fully sunny day get recognized.

Name one situation where auto lamps would be less helpful than DRL's, or on the flip side, name one situation where non lit tail lamps in a low light situation is a good idea.

DRL's remain a stupid thing. If we all have to suffer EPS for a 1% efficiency savings, why are we burning fuel to light a goofy marketing ploy on the front of the car in the middle of the day?
Appreciate 0