View Single Post
      08-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Drove the N20 X1 today. Have to say I was impressed. Ride quality (on the 17s) over imperfections was harsher than I expected, and I got the goodyears protesting without much effort but still felt right at home in the seat. Back seat was better than I thought less actually getting in which is a bit awkward. Base radio still has subs and sounded good enough for me. Few cheap touches to the interior but the wood really brings the whole thing up and its crazy but I think it may be worth it although the 4k premium package should damn well include it (or real aluminum) if you want it. Sticker claimed 33 highway on the Xdrive model which I assume is a misprint. I plan on waiting at least one more year so hopefully by then we'll know if we'll be seeing a diesel E84 or a manual show up here. I would happily own this car to commute in but I do struggle with the lack of value as the msrp crests 40 without going option wild at all. Black/black rubber manual seats with wood, cold weather and paddles is a nice austere value under 35. Actually I think if I were to go with premium/cold/wood/xenons, might as damn well spend 2k more and just get the 35i, right?
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car
Appreciate 0