View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
jackinbc
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1

Your ebay seller is wrong - the BMW LED bulbs will work in all interior lights except for the cargo area. 5 bulbs are required to do the front dome light and two map lights and hte two rear passenger area lights. The only hard part is removing the rear light covers. Place a flat scredriver into the slot at hte foront of the lens between the lens and hte ceiling headliner - as you push it in pull hte lens down fromt eh fornt. There is a spring clip that must be pushed towards the back to release the lens. When I tried the entire assembly actaully came out ie the lamp holder, lens and black metal surround that should remain captive in the ceiling. Just separate the two parts and then place the black surround back into the ceiling and bend the retaining clips back into place. For the cargo area try this link http://www.bimmian.ca/ I just received the cargo light, it fits right in and is a lot brighter. I actually bought two and cut a second hole on the right side in the same realtive postion and identical size as the factory installed left one. Ran some wires under the cargo area from the left light and now have a much brighter cargo area.\Jack
Appreciate 0