View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
insoc
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive 2.0i Twin Turbo

My new X1 is not my first BMW as I have had a 3 series, 5 series, the X3 and the X5 before. The 3 series has always been the sportier-fun-to-drive car and the 5 series the luxury sports sedan. I chose my X1 not based on its (lack of) luxury or gadgets but on how fun-to-drive the car is. My X1 has the M package option and I really love the ride. My former car was a fully loaded 2010 Nissan Murano. Very confortable real leather seats, a lot of gadgets and a very nice and "luxury" interior but couldn't stand it's lack of sportiness, it's high body roll and even tough the motor is a 3500 V6 I never got to experience its full potential because the car didn't gave me confidence at all. I TRADED all the "luxury" of my Murano for the fun that the X1 provides me. The X1 not being a luxury car provides me a more "luxury" ride if you know what I mean. The handling of the X1 is tigher, firm, secure and sporty and not loose and lack of precision like my Murano. "Luxury" for me can go to hell I want a fun-to-drive everyday car and that car is for now the X1. Sure I would like to have a X6M but for now I am getting a lot of fun with my car.
Funnily I got a whole lot more of looks with my X1 than with my Murano.
Appreciate 0