09-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Chris Pringle
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckhammer View Post
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I'm that much closer to pulling the trigger now. I've located some sDrives in Northern California (via web). I was hoping to trade the Lexus in, which might make that harder. I might have to order the X1 locally and take the bus for a while.
If you tend to trade in your vehicles, the dealership or national car dealers (e.g., Carmax) will take your vehicle and often send them to other markets where there is higher demand without much penalty to you. I guess that you need to consider the demand for a RWD vehicle in your local market if your intention is to sell to a private party. In the end choose the car that fits your personal needs best.

If you end up ordering the X1 locally in Seattle with a BMW dealer, quite often I read of members who are able to work out a deal in which the dealership will give them a loaner... not for two months, but a couple of weeks seems customary. Hopefully, they can get the X1 you want from another state and have it in Seattle within a week.
Appreciate 0