View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckhammer View Post
Since you both have the car that I can't test drive in Seattle, I'd like to hear your impressions of the sDrive EPS. I have read endless debates about EPS vs HPS. I've driven the xDrive with HPS, and it felt heavy but very connected. As a point of reference, I am currently driving a Lexus CT200h; great handling, vague EPS, and no power (10 second 0 to 60).

Since there are no sDrives to be had in the Pacific Northwest, despite there being only a couple inches of snow a year in Seattle, I cannot try out the RWD version. I am interested in impressions of the EPS and of how the stiffer suspension feels on regular city streets, i.e., potholes, imperfect pavement, etc.
My bad but I didn't realize my 2.8 Sdrive had ESP. At low speeds the steering is light and quick, at higher speeds the steering begins to feel much more BMW like, e.g. heavier but very direct. Frankly I could discern little difference at speeds above 30 MPH when compared to my 135's, and I had three of them. I wouldn't change a thing.
Appreciate 0