View Single Post
      12-09-2015, 03:56 AM   #8
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

I used to feel something odd sometimes making me feel quite unconfident while taking long left turns over 90 km/h. This was before I did the alignment. Now I realized that my front wheels have neg camber on the left and pos on the right. Would it have anything to do with how I felt? However, I don't feel it now or haven't noticed such a thing since the alignment was done. Toe was fixed in the front as it seems it was bit off as well. Besides, before the alignment, my rear wheels had negative toe and now are positive. Would these have helped or are these just too small differences to make a noticeable change on the ride?
Now my main concern is the front wheels having both neg and pos camber. Since I have sdrive, camber is not adjustable for the front wheels and the wheel alignment guys told me that the only way to fix this is to take it to smash repair. They also advised that it's negligible and showed me other BMWs with similar cambers (though bit less off than mine ) in the front. Is it something worth worrying about and fixing? Since the alignment I never felt right about the steering angle and feel either. It seems like, at times, it's happily steering to the left and feels like I'm steering to the left more. However, it does seem fine on straight line most of the time. The alignment guys were also quite irritated on my 4th visit and the manager took it for a ride. He drove for couple minutes and said the steering is fine. It was a short ride and the issue I think is so subtle that it wasn't enough ride to spot it. But the thing is I do feel that it's fine at times too . Am I going crazy?

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0