07-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #135
Chris Pringle
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I wish it didn't here in the US either. That stalk is just in the way when I want to use the light stalk right above it, especially when turning the wheel at the same time.

That you can't see it because the steering wheel obscures it doesn't help. Nor that pulling it up or down both does the same, but in and out doesn't. Nor that it's pull-to-decelerate where the shifter is the opposite.
If it had been a choice here, I would have saved the money.
Thank you for the feedback, Grovsnus! We use the cruise control on open roads with our Passat and other cars we have owned in the past. We have gotten used to having one over the years. I know what you mean on the awkward cruise control mechanism and the stalk location. Even though I haven't used the BMW's yet, our Germany-made Passat has the c.c. stalk located in the same location. I have indeed confused it a few times with the turn signals stalk. I remember it also took me a while to get used to the way it works as it wasn't too intuitive. I guess this must be a German thing. Having said this, some of our summer trips are 10 hours long, so anything to alleviate those long trips helps. We honestly can't see ourselves without c.c., so we decided to suck it up and get it. Let's just hope we don't regret it later.
Appreciate 0